Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Credit Officer
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO or Kansas City, MO
In accordance with established lending policies and procedures, and under the guidance of the Chief Credit Officer, develops an understanding in examining, evaluating, and closing commercial extensions of credit, including through SBA loan programs. Responsible for assembling information required by Lead Bank and counsel to properly close loans. Develops customer relationships through friendly, courteous, and responsive service. Develops understanding of commercial lending and general business service needs.
- In collaboration with Credit Underwriting, produce quality credit applications/annual reviews for use by various Approval Authorities (internal and external)
- Obtain customer-provided information to produce consistent financial spreads
- Analyze the produced financial spreads with analysis emphasis on all financial activities of the borrower
- Create a well-written credit application/annual review that is reader-friendly and effectively exemplifies an accurate risk position that Lead Bank maintains with respect to the credit facility under discussion
- Analyze the credit history of applicants and determine their loan repayment capability
- Negotiate credit terms such as costs, loan repayment methods, loan structures, covenants, and collateral specifications in accordance with Lead Bank lending policy and procedures
- Implement and maintain interest rate structure and fees to be consistent with risk associated with customer
- Review new laws and regulations that influence business lending within the financial institution
- Provide assistance and training for credit analysis and new lending officers as needed
- Develop new customer prospects and business for Lead Bank
- Serve and develop current customer relationships through a combination of personal interaction, site visits, ongoing contact, and use of digital tools to meets customer’s needs
- Analyze and review customer needs and build a complete financial relationship beyond basic loan requests to include Lead Bank relationship partners. Relationship development and referral to include deposit and transactional services, digital access, and informational technologies and business knowledge services.
- Utilize written, digital, and oral communication skills and resources to relay and acquire information to and from customers
- Make customers aware that the lending process is not a grueling one through a positive and customer-friendly attitude
- Establish to customers that Lead Bank is more than willing and able to assist them with any additional banking needs that may be unrelated to lending
- Work to complete the underwriting of the application to include the analysis of applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine if loan requests meet the bank's and SBA's lending criteria for 7(a) or Express loans.
- Develop an understanding of bank policies and procedures as well as SBA standards and SOP's. Reviews the loans for SBA eligibility and verifies same.
- Communicate with SBA lending personnel regarding the loan request and follow up with both SBA staff and borrower to meet information needs and to meet timelines.
- Coordinate with the Loan Packager to ensure all SBA documents are packaged and sent
- Service and support SBA specific loan requirements
- Confirm all credit applications/annual reviews with loan committee and board of directors in order to present the Approval Authorities with the best, most accurate product so that they can make an educated decision on the loan(s) under discussion
- Provide support as needed to ensure opening and closing procedures for properly staffed offices, and/or digital support for customer access.
- Provide support for bank sponsored events to promote all bank services
- Manage Other Related Projects as assigned, including: Real Estate Collateral Evaluations – including site inspections and analysis
- Non-Real Estate Collateral Evaluations – including inventory inspections, equipment inspections, floor plan inspections
- Complete Appraisal Reviews – including follow-up with appraisers on questions or clarification (if needed)
- Financial Covenant Monitoring / Approval
- Borrowing Base Certificate Monitoring / Approval
- Prepare Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Reports as assigned
- Understand and follow the applicable laws and regulations for job responsibilities including but not limited to Lead Bank Loan Policy, Conduct Policy, Bank Secrecy Act, Information security, and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Building relationships, both internal to the bank, as well as with clients
- Professional communication skills
- Treat all client data with confidentiality
- Regular requirements:
- View computer monitors
- Use hands to type / handle / feel
- Reach with hands & arms
- May be required:
Required Education and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite (Excel; Word; Outlook)
- Minimum of three years commercial lending experience
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.