Title: Chief Technology Officer
Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Position Type: Full - Time
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Lee’s Summit or Crossroads
The Chief Technology Officer provides strategic technology leadership for the business lines, playing an integral role in the growth and development of the Bank through the digital delivery of exceptional client services. In addition, the CTO must be able to identify investment opportunities, introduce innovation, and become a trusted advisor to other Leaders across the business. The CTO must work closely with the members of the Retail, Digital, Data, Information Technology and Cash Management teams to ensure the technology strategy meets the needs of the business’ long-term strategy, which is built on digital delivery of consumer and commercial banking services. As part of the strategy, the CTO will have primary responsibility for banker productivity applications, including CRM solutions, communication and data share between those systems, as well as primary technical accountability for Lead Bank’s digital strategy. In addition, the CTO must create and manage the internal data environment as well as provide and support reporting or other data analytics solutions. The leader will also need to work closely with the Bank’s channel partnerships and other technology partners to ensure a consistent approach to banking technology. The IT team will be accountable to all other teams for all technology supporting the businesses.
- Developing and executing a multi-year technology strategy supporting the full range of business services, encompassing national digital consumer and commercial banking.
- Running a world-class technology environment, ensuring critical business deliverables are met in a predictable and seamless way.
- Partnering closely with the Business Teams to develop a long-term services roadmap that results in consistent, excellent client experience.
- Collaborating with senior leaders to ensure technology strategy and investment are in line with business function objectives.
- Developing and delivering high quality, innovative technology solutions and investment projects on time, on scope, and on budget.
- Developing and managing a data team controlling and normalizing the flow of data from numerous internal and external sources.
- Acting as a senior point of escalation to troubleshoot, report and resolve issues.
- Serving as the senior technical solutions analyst and ensuring strategic technology decisions are evaluated and assessed in line with technology industry standards.
- Building a strong team to deliver Technology strategy, and leading a robust people agenda including resource planning, talent management, professional skills development, performance management while ensuring diversity and inclusion.
- Serving as a member of the senior management team providing business partnership in strategic planning which enables technology and the business to share accountability for true organizational benefit.
- Collaborate with CIO and Network Security Officer to develop and maintain overall framework of IT policies, standards and strategies that will empower business and its people to deliver on their commitments to achieve exceptional client experience within strategy and budgets.
- As part of business continuity plan, ensure there is no failure in business operations and appropriate disaster recovery plans are in place and regularly tested for readiness for unforeseen and unexpected events which can impact the business continuity.
- Ensure efficiency in process/operations across the Bank.
- Identify security threats, formulate strategies and methods to mitigate the threats.
- Committed to values-based leadership: compassion, opennesss, imagination and being nimble.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the business, operations, technology and other key stakeholders and work effectively in a collaborative and dynamic organization
- Ability to make judgements based on information provided
- Ability to work and complete tasks with minimal direct supervision
- Comfort with change and innovation
- Eagerness to learn and achieve proficiency
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Regular requirements:
- View computer monitors
- Use hands to type / handle / feel
- Reach with hands & arms
- May be required:
- Periodic travel to other Lead Bank branches, channel partnerships, client locations and relevant conferences
Required Education and Experience:
- 10-15 years of experience as a senior technology leader with broad knowledge across different businesses. Financial services experience recommended but not required.
- 3-5 years managing a complex technology team.
- Demonstrated ability to delivery product innovation and improved user experience.
- 5+ years managing enterprise scale run time applications with key business deliverables and service level expectations.
- A strong internal network, providing the ability to navigate Global Technology and identify existing solutions for the business.
- Expertise in industry innovation and the ability to think strategically about how to create business-led solutions.
- Knowledge of data analytics and data management tools and processes.
- Knowledge of software development management of outsource development contracts.
- Strong project management skills and management of development, maintenance and support teams.
- Up-to-date with the current (and future) levels of IT security, threats, vulnerabilities that could impact the Bank’s digital and financial assets responsibilities.
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.