Classification: Salaried, Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Credit Officer
Location: Lee’s Summit, MO or Kansas City, MO
The Lending Officer is responsible for business development, originating and servicing commercial loans in accordance with Lead Bank policies and procedures.
- In collaboration with Credit Underwriting, produce quality credit applications/annual reviews for use by various Approval Authorities (Internal and External)
- Obtain customer-provided information to produce consistent financial spreads
- Analyze the produced financial spreads with analysis emphasis on all financial activities of the borrower
- Create a well-written credit application/annual review that is reader friendly and effectively exemplifies an accurate risk position that Lead Bank maintains with respect to the credit facility(ies) under discussion
- Analyze the credit history of applicants and determine their loan repayment capability
- Negotiate credit terms such as costs, loan repayment methods, loan structures, covenants and collateral specifications in accordance with Lead Bank lending policy and procedures
- Implement and maintain interest rate structure and fees to be consistent with risk associated with customer
- Review new laws and regulations that influence business lending within the financial institution
- Provide assistance and training for credit analysis and new lending officers as needed
- Develop new customer prospects and business for Lead Bank
- Serve and develop current customer relationships through a combination of personal interaction, site visits, ongoing contact and use of digital tools to meet customers’ needs.
- Analyze and review customer needs and build a complete financial relationship beyond basic loan requests to include Lead Bank relationship partners. Relationship development and referral to include deposit and transactional services, digital access and informational technologies and business knowledge services.
- Utilize written, digital and oral communication skills and resources to relay and acquire information to and from customers
- Develop and maintain a positive professional image for Lead Bank
- Create a friendly, customer service image to customers
- Make customers aware the lending process is not grueling through a positive and customer-friendly attitude
- Establish to customers that Lead Bank is more than willing and able to assist with any make an educated decision on the loan(s) under discussion
- Provide support as needed to ensure opening and closing procedures for properly staffed offices, and/or digital support for customer access.
- Provide support for bank sponsored events to promote all bank services
- Seek out and develop opportunities to provide collaborative service for Clients across departments and functions
- Assist with Underwriting / Approving Loan Requests when needed
- Manage Other Related Projects as assigned, including:
- Real Estate Collateral Evaluations – including site inspections and analysis
- Non-Real Estate Collateral Evaluations – including inventory inspections, equipment inspections, floor plan inspections
- Complete Appraisal Reviews – including follow-up with appraisers on questions or clarification (if needed)
- Financial Covenant Monitoring / Approval
- Borrowing Base Certificate Monitoring / Approval
- Prepare Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Reports as assigned
- Understand and follow applicable laws and regulations for job responsibilities including but not limited to: Lead Bank Loan Policy, Conduct Policy, Bank Secrecy Act, Information Security, and Suspicious Activity reporting requirements
- Building relationships, both internal to the bank, as well as with clients
- Professional communication skills
- Treat all client data with confidentiality
- Regular requirements:
- View computer monitors
- Use hands to type / handle / feel
- Reach with hands & arms
- May be required:
Required Education and Experience:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office product suite (Excel; Word; Outlook)
- Minimum of three years commercial lending experience
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.