Title: Director of Compliance
Position Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer/General Counsel
Location: Lee’s Summit
The role of the Director of Compliance is to create an operational compliance management program for the Bank, ensuring compliance with all regulations, including operational and lending (consumer and commercial) and compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act, as well as assisting the Chief Risk Officer in administering an effective Enterprise Risk Management Program.
- Develop, implement and oversee the operational compliance management program, including Community Reinvestment Act and consumer lending compliance within the organization.
- Work closely with the Bank’s BSA Officer to ensure compliance with BSA/AML, Information Sharing, OFAC, and Customer Identification, Due Diligence and Know Your Customer (KYC) compliance programs (collectively the ‘BSA Program’).
- Maintain proficient knowledge of applicable compliance statutes, regulations, and interpretations, including but not limited to, CRA, TRID, FCRA, HMDA, UDAAP, the Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, and OFAC.
- Ensure the organization’s risk management policies and strategies comply with applicable regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization, assisting with audits/exams, risk assessments and business continuity planning.
- Help ensure Bank adherence to vendor management program and assist in due diligence and risk assessments of vendors.
- Help establish proper controls and ensure Bank adherence to policies and procedures for the identification and ongoing monitoring of higher-risk customers, including maintenance of an accurate and complete list of higher-risk customers, periodic review of reports on all higher-risk customers, a requirement for a detailed annual review of each higher-risk customer that includes updating all pertinent customer information, analyzing actual activity and comparing it with expected activity, and taking action(s) as deemed appropriate based on the results of the review.
- Assist in review of account documentation for higher-risk customers and their related accounts to determine whether account activity is consistent with the customer’s business and the stated purpose of the account.
- Assist in Bank’s adherence to a written program to establish a system of internal controls and processes to ensure compliance with the requirements to file SARs as set forth in 12 C.F.R. § 163.180(d); assisting in completes and files Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) ensuring they are properly documented with related narrative and supporting documentation; reports SAR filings to the Bank’s board of directors; and, maintains confidentiality of SAR filings.
- Help create, review, revise and increase awareness of all Bank programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensure Bank adherence to a comprehensive training program for the Board and all Bank employees to ensure their awareness and responsibility of compliance policies and procedures and compliance with the requirements of pertinent regulations (including the BSA).
- Identify and provide suggestions for more efficient and effective processes within the Risk Management and BSA areas of the Bank.
- Assist with developing standard management reports to monitor Enterprise Risk Management, channel partnerships, BSA and activity of high-risk accounts including payment processing for Short Term Online Lenders.
- High ethical standards
- Extensive knowledge of Bank regulatory compliance issues
- Ability to understand and support earnings and growth goals of business lines consistent with safe and sound compliant bank operations
- Demonstrated ability to identify potential risks and recommend alternative actions
- Demonstrated critical conceptual and intellectual skills
- Familiarity with sources and methods for research on consumer compliance policy issues
- Ability to treat confidential information with professionalism and discretion
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with and develop good relationships with all levels of Bankers, management, vendors, channel partners, clients and Board members
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to understand, analyze, interpret and explain regulations, documents, reports and procedures
- Presentation skills necessary to conduct training, communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences
- Ability to use a systematic approach in solving problems through analysis and evaluation of alternative solutions
- Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend creative solutions while maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and with constantly changing priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group as a member of a team
- Change management skills
- Regular requirements:
May be required:
- View computer monitors
- Use hands to type / handle / feel
- Reach with hands & arms
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
Required Education and Experience:
- Experience in a Bank compliance role
- Sound operational knowledge of financial institutions
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with consumer compliance
- CRCM certification preferred
- CAMS certification preferred
*Lead Bank is proud to have an inclusive culture committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.